Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Why Hannah Montana named her fruit

On yesterday's Oprah show, one of Oprah's co-jurors, Deb, had a question for Miley that so many people wanted to know: "Why did you name your pineapple Tabitha?"

Cyrus: "Right, well, um, basically it was because when we were first walking around Trader Joe's, Justin said, if it's, basically one day he just said if we ever buy a pineapple I think it's name should be Tabitha. And I just, it sounded so sweet, and it conjures such a lovely picture for me, you know like an actual child--so sweet and they're wholesome, and it's bibilical and it's just, they're so, and I just thought it sounded so lovely and…"

Oprah: "Tangy."

Cyrus: "Citrusy. And then I just thought perfect and then it was placed in my kitchen and, publicly, it became like a produce outrage, I mean which I found surprising because there are apples and oranges named red delicious or gala or navel or macintosh, or you know lots of pretty fruit names."

Oprah: "It may be the first pineapple ever named Tabitha."

Cyrus: "I have actually heard of, since we got it I have heard of some other Tabitha pineapples"

Oprah: "Really"

Cyrus: "Yeah, I mean who were already harvested, purchased and in the world as we know it as Tabithas."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home